Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Happy day

 



 

“Happy the man, and happy he alone, He who can call to-day his own; He who, secure within , can say: ‘To-morrow, do thy worst, for I have lived to-day.” - Horace, a Roman poet 

Recently I went for a walk with my good friend Joy. As we chatted I mentioned that I live with a lot of fear and anxiety. She recommended I read the book “How to stop worrying and start living” by Dale Carnegie.  The quote above is in this book.  There really is so much joy to be found each day. Little children are so good about being in the moment. Yesterday I got to watch the partial solar eclipse with my daughters kindergarten class. Their joy in just being outside and seeing something new was incredible to them(even though half were looking the wrong direction!) I wish I’d snapped a photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment