Sunday, December 29, 2013

"We must have the courage to be imperfect while striving for perfection. " -Patricia Holland



 i don't remember where i first heard this quote but i think about it a lot. It reminds me of when i was a teenager and a friend was teaching me how to play a song on the piano. Every time i made a mistake i would stop and start over again. But my friend told me not to be afraid of making mistakes and to just keep playing the song because that is how i would get better at playing it.  It's a good life lesson to learn too...i shouldn't quit or not try just because i'm afraid of making mistakes.  I think of my little 9 month old...if she wanted to be perfect at talking but was afraid of making mistakes, she would never progress...however, she isn't afraid of messing up she just keeps babbling and cooing and making sounds...and every once in awhile a word comes out (wether intentional or unintentional we don't know for sure!) but she smiles and we smile and eventually she will be talking in full sentences!  How neat if we could be as courageous and uninhibited as these little ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment