Monday, January 16, 2017

I am a child of God

1. I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
[Chorus]
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.
2. I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.
3. I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.
Yesterday at Sacrament meeting the kids were super wiggly and had a hard time paying attention to the speakers...but the closing hymn was "I am a child of God" and it was like the kids throughout the congregation all beamed and sang so loudly and i saw a huge grin on the choristers face! Even my kids who hardly ever sing were singing along with big smiles on their faces. A moment i never want to forget. The spirit was so thick and the ward felt so united! Young and old! There is a version of "I am a child of God" on lds.org that Oliver watches over and over again, he'll say "God, 'gain"  and watch it so happily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment