Monday, February 26, 2018

"To effectively serve others, we must see them through a parent’s eyes, through Heavenly Father’s eyes." -Dale G. Renlund


Yesterday during our ward conference sacrament meeting, our stake president asked those who had not been ministered to by home or visiting teachers this month to stand up. Maybe half of our congregation stood. It broke my heart a little. It also got me thinking, why!? Just yesterday alone so many members helped me and my kids, ministering even in small ways by helping us get from the car through the snowy parking lot to the church, drew pictures for my kids in Sacrament, stayed with my sleeping baby while i ran upstairs to the primary with the other kids, shared donuts with our kids in celebration of our sons upcoming birthday, helped us get back through the snowy parking lot, etc... It made me wonder if i didn't have my five kids with me, would others minister to me as much?? Probably not. The majority of our ward is made up of married students without children.  Many feel alone.  It seems we are naturally drawn to help little children, but if we could just see each person, no matter how old or young, as a child of our Heavenly Father we would eagerly reach out to minister, to encourage and to love just as we do these little ones.  Surely that is one of the greatest compliments and joys for our Father in Heaven is to us blessing the lives of his children, all of his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment